Thursday, December 2, 2010

Memories

Last week we ended up braving Black Friday and stood in line to get a new front loading Washer and Dryer.  Woo Woo!  I even conned my niece, Kameron, and my Dad into coming with us.  I'm super good at getting them to do things that don't necessarily sound fun.  I'm spoiled that way.

If you know me at all, you know that I'm super good at freaking out.  I spaz, worry, and get amazingly anxious for ninety-five percent of the events that take place in my life. Ninety-five percent of the general population wouldn't bat an eyelash for most of the things about which I panic.  (Did that make sense?)  I'll get to the me freaking out part in a minute.  

On Thanksgiving we laid out our plan about going to Sears.  Word on the Sears floor was that people were going to start showing up around two.  The Smiths and Abels had already decided to party all night long and just not bother with the whole pesky going to bed thing.  I had already laid out a massive story about how Kammers and my Dad needed to come with us because, honestly, they'd never be able to distinguish this night from every other night of their lives unless they got out there and made some memories with us.  I mean come on!  Staying up all night, waiting around in the rain, being trampled, imagine all the endless possibilities. 

Back to me freaking out.  I was like a giant cat in a small cage.  Pacing around, worrying that people were going to start showing up at Sears at ten.  Dumb, I know.  I convinced everyone that we should do a drive by at midnight.  We decided that if there were people in line we'd start our standing in line slash sleeping in the car rotation.  (That was part of the memories bargin.  Taking waiting and sleeping in shifts until four am came around.)  12:15 - Someone was already in line!  Ack!  We grabbed some chairs, laughed hysterically about who knows what, and sat down.  I took Kammers into the mall to walk around a few stores that were already open and when we came back Steve went into the mall and my Dad went to the Jeep to take a nap.  After a bit we switched.  Apparently My Dad and Steve made some friends in the line while it was the girls turn to sleep.  Finally it was almost time.  The waiting was the longest part.  We were in and out of Sears in twenty minutes.  We had gotten our ticket for the W&D outside before they opened, we took it inside and paid.  My Dad walked around and ended up impulse buying a chainsaw.  Yeah, that's my Dad.

And now Steve is outside in the garage building an awesome stand for our W&D.  Amazing!  It's all fancy, with cubbies for bins underneath.  I love storage.  I love places to put bins.  I'm super excited!  I'm excited to have a new front loading W&D, and I'm even more, so incredibly excited to have a husband who built a stand for our Washer and Dryer just so his broken wife doesn't have to bend over to do laundry ever again.  Fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment