Monday, August 2, 2010

This weekend we lived it up like we're twenty-five.  Cause you know, we are twenty-five.  Day to day, we act about eighty.  We go to bed super early, we rarely go out, and we pretty much just hang out.  but this weekend was non-stop.


My ridiculously amazing, fast growing, beautiful, hilarious niece has been visiting my parents this past week.  I love her.  My mom brought Kameron up to visit me and Steve on Friday.  I love her.  I got off work early on Friday, came home and whisked Kammers off to the Zoo.  I thought the Zoo was open until seven during the Summer...turns out we were wrong.  We ended up seeing absolutely everything in the Zoo (almost, we opted not to go to the Northern Trek.  But we saw everything else, including the Primates and Cats [alllll the way up at the top of the hill], all the African animals, and the Rain forest).  We saw everything in an hour and a half.  Whew.  If you know the CleMet Zoo, you know what a feat this was.  It was blast and it was a workout.  


Here are the highlights of my whirlwind Zoo tour with my lovely and amazing niece.

This was in the Koala house.  Louisville doesn't have Koalas 
and Kammers loves them, so we spent some time in here.

Feeding Lorikeets!  We opted to go into the
Lorikeet house at the Australian exhibit and feed them!
I told Kameron the Steve never lets me feed them, and so we
tried it out.  This might have been a bit of a fib. 
Steve has let me try to feed them before. 
But they never much liked me.

They were totally eating out of my little cup thingy!
 
Tree of them ending up squabbling over who was going to get fed.
And then they stole my cup.









Kameron also loves monkeys.
This one was tiny and had a bit of a messed up tail.
We felt sorry for it.
It likes lettuce.  Iceberg.

So we went to the Zoo...and saw a squirrel.
In a cage.
I don't know how it got in there, but it's certainly not getting out.
It was one of the fattest squirrels I'd ever seen.

This picture is sideways.
I apologize.
Kameron loves Monkeys.
All things Primate.
Enter Rain forest and orangutans.
This one was pissed.

These ones were happy.


Yay for the Zoo and Yay for my Love, Kammers!


I'll talk more about the rest of our weekend later....for now it's late.



No comments:

Post a Comment