Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm quite selfish.  I have everything and more.  And yet when I see others lives being blessed in unbelievable ways my response is anger.  Anger that things come so easily to others when I have to work for them.  Anger that I don't have everything I want and more.  

And yet, I don't know anything.  I don't know the struggles of the lives of others.  I don't know what they long for and want, or what has been sacrificed to get where they are.  I don't know the prices they have paid and sorrows they have experienced.

When I sulk, and whine, and whimper about my life and its shortfalls I am immediately shown examples in my life of people who have walked much harsher roads than the one I travel.

My trials seem infinite at times.  But mostly they seem like nothing, or at least I know they should seem like nothing.  

Blessing and honor and glory raised to Him who has given me everything.  Thanks for all that is my life.  I don't recognize Him nearly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment