Saturday, January 1, 2011

Starting off the New Year Right

We're starting things off right today.  Firstly, Steve and I have set a goal of completing our Church Bible Reading Plan together.  We want to read through 365 Key chapters in the Bible together.  Last year we each made some strides growing in our individual faiths.  And while we certainly need to continue in that vain, this year we want to try and grow together in faith as well.  We'll see how that goes.  :-)  So far, so good though.  Genesis 1, baby.  We definitely read Genesis 1 this morning.   

Also, we started cleaning up in the basement a bit.  I've gotten lax about making Steve inspect every corner of the basement before I venture down there.  You  know, in case there's a rat.  But for months on end now, there has been no sign of a rat in a trap.  So I got lax.  I started walking into the basement on my ow.  Unattended.   Then I got even more bold.  I stopped sticking to the middle of the road.  I started walking the perimeter of the basement..  (That's where the rats like to play.)  Well, I got my just desserts today.  We were cleaning, I was wandering, I started squealing.  And dancing around.  And freaking out, and squealing and (according to Steve) flailing around like a peacock.  Yes, my friends.  I found our very first dead rat.  I've got the shakes just thinking about it.  It was yucky.  I am a girl.  

The score is nowhere near even.  The rats are still beating us, but at least we know one of them was dumb enough to get caught.  Here's hoping they're getting just as lax as I was.  2011 is going the be the year we caught ourselves some rats.  And read the bible.  But mostly the rat thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment