Sunday, October 30, 2011

Basket Weaver

Thursday evening I ventured to Brecksville for some old fashioned fun.  Seriously.  I went basket weaving.  My friend Amy and her family have taken a few basket weaving classes at the Brecksville Center for the Arts, and I got to tag along.  Amy's family is lovely, and they were fun to chat with.  The Basket lady, Karen, was super nice.  I think it was a combination of my self-deprecating attitude and the fact that I'm about to pop, but she looked after me a ton.  She kept doing all the hard parts for me, it was funny.  

I got to make a wine basket, and if you want it then you should head over to Mere's Blog soon.  She's having an online auction to help raise funds for her Ethiopian adoption!  The auction hasn't started yet, but keep an eye out - it's coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. This is super good Meg, you've been hiding your basket weaving skills from us!

    ReplyDelete