Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Man...errr....The City

Apparently the city of South Euclid cares nothing for my timelines or to-do lists.  Steve and I have a list of things that need to be done around the house int he coming months, mostly to get the house in order and ready for a baby.  I've been spazzing out because the house is a mess and there's no order to a lot of things.  But, we had a plan.  A glorious, written out plan.  And then the City of South Euclid laid waste all our thoughts.  Apparently, once every six years they inspect homes.  Apparently, this year is our year.  They conducted their inspection (unbeknownst to us), and mailed us the results.  I guess our house is crappy, or something.  We have a list of almost a dozen things the city wants us to fix...before October.  Sweet.  Goodbye to all the plans I had about fixing up the inside of our house and making everything more orderly.  Hello to re-painting siding, tarring the driveway, paying someone to fix our front steps, and something about window wells.  I thoroughly dislike the man, or in this case the city.  Don't they know I've got my own agenda?  Apparently not, or at least they don't care.

1 comment:

  1. :( That is a complete bummer!!!! I am so sorry, I wish I was there to help!!

    ReplyDelete