Monday, May 16, 2011

TIme

Sunday was a little cold and a little rainy.  But I hardly noticed.  Two of my lovelies and I headed to Chagrin Falls to walk around, chat, and maybe grab some Ice Cream.  That's a giant lie.  We drove to Chagrin Falls specifically for Ice Cream.  Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream in fact.  It honestly might be is the best ice cream I've ever had.  I could go on forever about the amazing flavors and all the qualities about Jeni's I love.  But I won't.  You need to go and find out for yourself.  I will tell you that my favorites are as follows: Bourbon Butter Pecan, Lemon Blueberry, and after yesterday Pistachio Honey, along with Rhubarb Lime Cardamom are on the list too.  :-)

Jeni's was splendid.  But it wasn't the best part of the day.  Spending time eating ice cream with Mere and Sondra was the best part of the day.  We ate, talked, walked, Starbucks-ed, and talked some more.  It was the best afternoon I've had in a long time.  It took living here two and a half years, but between these ladies and the ones I've met through our Community Group, Cleveland became my home.  Sondra and Meredith helped me put down roots here, to start calling this place home, and to allow my heart and life to settle here.  And while Mere is heading out on a great adventure of her own, we will stay connected.  I wish we had more time here and now to spend together, but I already know that from now on time spent together will be all the sweeter for the days in between.


 You are one of the ladies in my life who has shown me so much about being a Christian wife and mother, having a gentle spirit, and and unfailing commitment to Christ and her family.  I love you Mere, like Tonks loves Lupin.  (Well not quite, but close enough.)

No comments:

Post a Comment