Sunday, November 7, 2010

What Are You Doing?

Today is Orphan Sunday.  Not all of us are called to adopt.  Not everyone has a heart for adoption.  But what I've learned recently (through the journey's of some of my best friends) is that everyone should have a heart for the orphans of the world.

Maybe you're not called to adopt, but there are so many other things you can do to lend your support to some of the 147 million orphans in the world.  147 million.  I can't even fathom.  


"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27 
 
 "Learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow." Isaiah 1:17 


I am realizing that I need to do something.  Something to defend the fatherless.  Something to help children lost in the world.  To help families raise the ransom for their children.  To help children find their forever families.  I don't know what, not yet.  But it's stirring in my heart.  A call to look after orphans, in one way or another.

What about you?  What are you doing?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment