Sunday, October 10, 2010

Back to my Dad's Visit.

Steve took last week off to perform a major landscaping overhaul in our backyard.  My lovely mom even came up to help out for a few days.  [It really is too bad I couldn't get time off to help with all that physical labor....]

On Friday evening Steve and Ma were working in the yard, I was lounging and helping a tad.  We ended up talking about apple pies and my dad.  I don't know how we got on the topic, but here's the thing: My dad will do almost anything for a good apple pie.  I doubt he'd kill for one, but I wouldn't put a severe maiming past him. 

I ended up calling him to discuss pie, and when he didn't answer I left the following message:  It's Megan.  Call me back, we have urgent business to discuss.  It regards Pie.

That was all.

Forty-Five minutes later we were still sitting out back when we heard a massively loud bike cruising somewhere in the neighborhood.  Steve started laughing and commented "I bet that's your Dad.  He probably heard your message about Pie and rushed to get up here."  We all laughed, how funny would that have been.

The bike kept getting closer, and closer.  Surely coming up the street by now.  It got ridiculously loud, we all turned around.  Holy mother, my Dad was pulling into the driveway.  Mouths were definitely gaping open.  We were all staring in utter shock.

I still can't believe it.  It was the most hilarious, amazing entrance my Father has ever made.  It is Doubtful to be topped.  Ever.  Seriously.

We had an absolutely amazing evening.  Spending time together, laughing, and eating some amazing Italian food at our new favorite restaurant - Geraci's.  But mostly, I just love my Dad.  And the Fact that he would drive a few hours on his bike to visit with his Daughter for an evening.  I'm oh so glad to know that will never change.

I love my Dad.


1 comment:

  1. Amazing Dads are a one of God's best gifts to daughters. It's so important.

    ReplyDelete