Saturday, June 26, 2010

Willing to Help

Whilst getting ready for a wedding recently, I was lamenting over a lack of shoe options.  I had a dress that I wanted to wear but no legitimate shoes to go with said dress.  Now, I have tons and tons of shoes.  And many beautiful heels that I truly love and adore.  Over the last year or so I've also acquired quite the collection of adorable flats.  

Here's my sob story, I have the perfect heels for the dress I wanted to wear.  Alas, I'm not allowed to wear them.  The fact that I have an amazing amount of tremendous heels that I can't even wear for half a day torments me.  Constantly.  Flats with a fancy dress at a wedding are not so much the height of fashion.  I needed some dressy, open shoes...of which I have zero.

Enter Steve.  Amazing, always trying, willing to help, Steve.  He pulled out a pair of flats from my closet (that did actually match my dress, color wise).  He showed me the shoes...and offered to cut the tops off.  Yes, ladies and gentlemen, my loving husband offered to use his many handy-man skills to fashion a pair of dressy, open shoes out of plain, casual flats.

I love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment