Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Twi-Hard








It's okay, don't be jealous.  This was how I spent part of my night Tuesday and some of my morning Wednesday.  Twilight Saga Midnight Premiere of Eclipse.  I know, I know.  I feel a little dorky, and kind of like I'm twelve.  But I will totally admit to loving this series, the books and the movies.  And as you can see, I'm not alone.

We had a blast, and I tromped some twelve year old kids.  What can I say, they were trying to take our seats, we had them flanked.  And as Sondra said "You can't argue with flanking."  I pretty much told them they had to more, but in a semi-nice way.  Okay, not so much, but I didn't yell or bust them up or anything, so that was good.  We love sitting in the first row of stadium seating, it has the bar which you can swoop under when you inevitably have to pee during the several hour long premiere. 

Michelle (my amazing and lovely and I will absolutely have a conniption if they take her from me co-worker) has proudly been displaying an Edward doll on our desk at work.  He was taken out of the box and allowed to join us at the movies last night/this morning.  We all took pictures with him, and Michelle threw around threats about man-handling her boy.  Luckily, we survived.

Nicole, Mere and I all met at Crocker Park at 6:30 Tuesday evening, yes that's right 6:30 for a midnight movie.  It'll probably be even earlier for the Harry Potter 7 premiere (I have totally jumped on the midnight showing bandwagon...but only if I can have the next day off work...).  We made an evening of the whole thing and it was super fun.  We walked around, ate at Champps (terrible service, by the by), and got in line to wait it out.  Nicole made us all goodie bags, we donned our various Twilight Saga gear, and settled in for a bit of a wait.  When the time came it was pretty much running of the bulls.  It's hard to save seven seats with just two people, and I almost wiffed it.  But in the end, after we kicked some girls out of our seats, made everyone else scoot down one chair, and caught our breath we got what we wanted.    It was definitely an amazing night and even though it's pretty lame I look forward to the next midnight movie with my girls.

2 comments:

  1. Three Cheers for Twilight...now that is a true fan right there...a midnight showing...but of course the question that begs to be answered was: how was the movie? -jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way better than New Moon! Which I still have for you to borrow. Also, I'm pretty sure you can convince Mike to watch this one. There's fighting and all, and I've heard him say it was his favorite book of the series...so there's that too. haha!

    ReplyDelete