Sunday, June 20, 2010

Who Comes Up With These?

Painting is a pain.  But it's also the really fun part of re-doing an entire house. 

Here is a list of house re-doing activities I've participated in recently, in order from most to least horrendous experience:
  • Stripping stain off of floors and just generally re-finishing floors
  • Painting trim/ceilings
  • Taking down wallpaper
  • Painting walls

Anyway, painting is seriously fun.  Not only do I love seeing such an instant transformation, but I also enjoy picking out colors, ordering the paint, opening the cans (those little widget things are fantastic!), stirring, and hammering the cans closed again.  But what I'm really getting at here is that I want to name paints.  My dear friend Sondra and I have talked about this recently, paint names are simultaneously ridiculous and amazing.

In no particular order, here are the colors of my house.
  • Butter Rum
  • Native Soil
  • Subtle Touch
  • Porpoise
  • Manhattan Mist
  • River Valley
  • Wine Frost
  • Silverberry
Seriously, apart from Porpoise, do you have and clue what colors these paints actually are?

No comments:

Post a Comment