Thursday, December 1, 2011

An Eli Fix


This is how we rock at night.  All bundled up and smiling, if you can make it out.  Little guy falls completely asleep being rocked, or eating, or any number of other things.  He snores.  But the second you lay him down - presto - he's awake!  He only does this the first time down, he's pretty easy to put down throughout the night. *Knock on Wood*




One of my kids at work bough Eli this absolutely amazing sweater.  Seriously, isn't it about the best thing ever?  It's got a rolled collar...and elbow patches!  Expect to see him in this a ton in the next few weeks, I'm officially putting him in it once a week until he outgrows it.  I mean, come on!  On the way home from our Community Group this week  (to which he wore said awesome outfit) Steve referenced "the ninety year old in the backseat."  Because he totally looks like  a little old man, and I love every second of it.


This is Eli seconds after he rolled over for the first time yesterday.  Whoa.  I might have almost cried.  Even though I completely understand it was a fluke.  Also because I missed it.  *sad face*  Eli was doing tummy time with Daddy, and he apparently had enough.  Steve said he just kind of pushed up and flung himself over, crying ensued.  I guess that's what happens when your arm gets stuck at just the right angle and you push with all your baby might.  Hopefully I'll catch the next roll.




4 comments:

  1. Do you know how badly I needed an Eli fix today? That sweater is super cute, and the old man sporting it - ahh!! I love him!

    Knocking on wood that Eli keeps sleeping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sweater!!!!!! You both are adorable! I need to hug you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just had to comment on how fab that Mama looks. Hot damn girl...that was some quick loss of baby weight!
    xox,
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mere, I completely understand, I'm always jonesing for a Gabers fix.

    Court, hugs anytime are welcome...we'll just have to do it stretch armstrong style.

    Score! Thanks Jen! Makes a girl feel like a million bucks. ;-)

    ReplyDelete